About Bexley Boosters
Who are the Bexley Athletic Boosters?
Bexley Athletic Boosters is a volunteer, non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization. The Boosters support all Bexley City Schools athletic programs in the Middle School and High School. Every person in the Bexley community is welcomed and encouraged to join in whatever manner is best for them. Many of our active members are families whose kids belong to a school sports team; however, we also have a number of community members who do not have kids involved with a team.
The more participation we have from the community the better, as our efforts are in support of our kids. Volunteering is a great way to support Bexley athletics, become involved in the community, and meet other school parents.
What is the Bexley Athletic Booster's Mission?
There are 1068 total students in the Middle and High School. 617 students were on the athletic rosters of all the Middle and High Schools for fall and winter of the 2015-2016 school year, and 235 Middle and High School students were on athletic rosters for spring of the 2014-2015 school year. From Spring of 2015 through Winter of 2016, a total of 852 students participated in athletic programs. Many of our students play more than one sport, for a total of 880 roster spots. Many Bexley students supplement their academic experiences by participating in athletics.
The Bexley Boosters support all athletic programs at Bexley Middle and High Schools by promoting participation, development, excellence, pride, sportsmanship and a sense of community among team members, the student body, coaches, teachers, staff, administrators, parents, and the Bexley community.
What do Bexley Athletic Boosters Do?
As our mission statement says, Bexley Boosters "support" all Bexley Middle School and High School athletic programs. How do we do this? Bexley Boosters:
- Raise money
- Run quality concessions at games
- Provide volunteer support to events and activities
- Have fun and develop friendships
- Work hard and promote a sense of community
- Coordinate with the Athletic Director and coaches to make the best possible decisions of how to spend the money we raise
Athletic Booster Support
- Replaced fencing at the football/track stadium and purchased portable fencing for the softball field.
- Purchased storage cages for wrestling, cheerleading, softball, baseball, middle school athletics, and the boys high school physical education room.
- Purchased new weight racks and mirrors for high school weight room.
- Updated entry and individual championship signage at tennis courts.
- Replaced high school baskets with mobile backboards, purchased glass, synchronized, illuminated backboards and new lighting for Bill Hoyer gymnasium.
- Sanded, repainted and recoated middle school gym floor and replaced middle school gym lighting.
- Purchased flat screen TV for high school locker room.
- Installed batting cages for the baseball program.
- Financed installation of new turf field in football stadium.
- Provides roughly $40K annually to budget to the Athletic Department.
- Trophy display cases in the Lions Lobby.
- Benches in the dugout for the JV baseball field.
- Cover for new long jump pit at the stadium.
Athletic Boosters Meetings
Join us for Bexley Boosters meetings. Meetings are open to everyone. Our meetings are held at 7 p.m. in the high school library, usually on Mondays. For the 2017-2018 school year, our scheduled meeting dates are:
- 2017 -- August 28, September 25, October 23, and November 27.
- 2018 -- January 22, February 26, March 26, April 23, May 21 and June 25.